York Region Burger Fest Contest Official Rules
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any online social media service.
1. No purchase is necessary. This Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario who have reached the age of majority in Ontario and who have existing internet access and a valid email account/address. To register for the contest and to receive one (1) Contest entry go to www.YRBurgerFest.com, click on the “Vote For This Burger” button beside the burger of your choice, answer the survey questions and register with your e-mail address. Indicate that you have read, understood, and accept the Official Rules by checking the appropriate box and select “Submit” to submit your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of the email addresses, provided throughout the Contest Period.
2. If it is discovered that you entered more than once each day during the Contest Period, then all of your entries in this Contest will be disqualified. Multiple registrations during the Contest Period by the same person using any device or method to register multiple times or as multiple Contestants will result in disqualification.
3. Second Entry Opportunity Share Socially: Take a photo of the York Region Burger Fest featured burger at any of the participating restaurants and share it on Twitter1 or Instagram2with the name of the participating restaurant and the hashtag #YRBurgerFest to receive one (1) entry. To share on Twitter or Instagram, the individual must have a valid Twitter or Instagram account. Limit of three (3) “Share” bonus entries per individual per day throughout the Contest Period. All entries are subject to verification by Joe Hill Communications, the Contest Manager. ACE Bakery, the Contest Sponsor, reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to require proof of identity and eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Online entries must be received between Monday, March 21 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There are fourteen (14) prizes available to be won. Each Monday to Thursday during the contest period, one prize of $10 in ACE Bakery coupons will be won. Each Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the contest period, one prize consisting of a Gift Bag of ACE Bakery products valued at $25 will be awarded. 1Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc. 2Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC LIMITED.
4. A random daily draw will be done at 2:00 p.m. starting on March 22, 2016 from all entries received to that point in the Contest Period. The draw will be conducted by Joe Hill Communications, 1407 Yonge St., Toronto, ON, M4T 1Y7 to determine potential winners. All of the eligible entries received will be subject to a random draw to select the potential winners. Following the draw, Joe Hill Communications will contact the potential winners by return email at the account/address used to enter this contest, or through the Twitter or Instagram account used to enter this contest, which must still be valid. The potential winners will then have seven (7) business days to respond (such time period being the “Contact Period”) with their physical delivery address to Joe Hill Communications by email using the email address provided. Should a potential winner not reply to Joe Hill Communications by email by the end of the Contact Period, or the potential winner does not otherwise comply with the contest requirements described herein, that potential winner will be automatically disqualified and forfeit any rights to a prize and an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries will be selected in the manner provided above except that the alternative potential winner will be given a new Contact Period which is seven (7) business days from the date such contact is made. Before being declared a winner, a selected entry must be verified by the Joe Hill Communications. Each winner agrees to accept his/her prize as awarded, and the prize is not transferable or convertible to cash or credit. The Contest Sponsor and/or Joe Hill Communications retains the right, in its absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of any component of the prize for any reason. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and Joe Hill Communications on all issues relating to the contest will be final and binding on all entrants.
5. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Entries that are submitted from unauthorized sources as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest will result in disqualification. Prior to delivery of his/her prize, and in any event no later than the date specified, the potential winners will be required to sign and return a form satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize; permitting the Contest Sponsor and its affiliates to use the winner’s name, address, photograph and/or video image in any publicity and advertising without compensation, where legal; and releasing The Contest Sponsor, and its affiliates and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective agents, officers, directors, employees and representatives from any and all liability, damages, costs, expenses and claims arising out of or relating to the entrants’ participation in this contest or the prize. In the event that the potential winners fail to sign and return such form, he or she will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternative potential winner will be selected.
6. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor and its affiliated companies and their respective advertising and promotional agents, and contest judges as well as those with whom such persons are domiciled, are not eligible to participate in this contest. By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the contest rules and to the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence or communication will be entered into except with a selected entrant.
8. The eligible Prize Winners agree to cooperate in any investigations by or on behalf of Contest Sponsor to confirm their eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such potential winner and/or their photo in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the Contest Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Contest or the Contest Sponsor as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
9. For information on prizewinners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to YR Burger Fest Contest, 580 Secretariat Ct., Mississauga, ON L5S 2A5, Canada. All requests must be received by May 15, 2016.
10. For purposes of this contest, the “Contest Sponsor” means ACE Bakery Limited, 580 Secretariat Ct., Mississauga, ON L5S 2A5, Canada.
TRADE CONTEST RULES During the week of April 4, 2016, the votes on YRBurgerFest.com and the number of Tweets and Instagram posts using the hashtag #YRBurgerfest made during the contest period will be totalled to determine three winners. The restaurant with the most total votes, Tweets and Instagram posts will receive $500 in ACE Bakery products and a Gift Basket valued at $200 for the chef who designed the York Region Burger Fest burger. The restaurant with the second highest total votes, Tweets and Instagram posts will receive a Gift Basket valued at $100 for the chef who designed the York Region Burger Fest burger. The restaurant with the third highest total votes, Tweets and Instagram posts will receive a Gift Basket valued at $50 for the chef who designed the York Region Burger Fest burger.